Technician position (100%) immediately available at Sirota Lab, LMU Munich
Our lab is working toward understanding the mechanisms of learning and memory. We employ and develop diverse range of cutting edge methodologies. We are a very international and enthusiastic group of researchers. Laboratory is located on the modern and actively developing Life Science campus at Martinsried.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who’d be working side by side with experimenters in our dynamic multidisciplinary team to support our ambitious research program and develop new innovative tools. You would be able to freely apply and improve your skills to a wide range of creative challenges in a very good working atmosphere of a research group. You would be directly involved in research discussions, brainstorming and experiments. Upon successful probation period this position can be made permanent at the tariff level up to TVL-E12.
- Design, fabrication and testing of electronic and mechanical research tools
- Designing and coding low- and high-level software
- Maintenance and help in operating the research equipment
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- Strong motivation to contribute to science by development research tools
- Good command of English
- Willingness and ability to solve problems independently and actively self-learn
- Solid background and practical experience in electrical engineering
- Experience in CAD design
- Experience in programming (especially Python) is a plus
- Familiarity with programming of embedded systems (microcontrollers) is a plus
LMU Munich is an equal opportunity employer. Applications of disabled persons – given similar qualification – are preferred. Applications of women are welcome! Part-time employment is possible in principle.
Please, send your statement of interest and CV as a pdf by email to
sirota _at_ bio.lmu.de to Prof. Anton Sirota.